we depollute

 
IMG_1665.jpg

80% of ocean plastic originates from land-based sources, of which 75% comes from litter and uncollected waste. The remaining 25% of the land-based sources is plastic which escapes from existing recycling or waste infrastructure and becomes ocean bound.

At The Plaf, we catch the waste in the nature (on beaches, in rivers), before it has a chance to travel into the ocean.

We chose to start in the Philippines, one of the top countries in the world with mismanaged plastic waste polluting the oceans. Along with China, Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam they account for 60% of plastic pollution in oceans.